The Bangladesh Traveller is the centre of operations for “Bangladesh: The Bradt Travel Guide,” published in late 2009. Lovingly referred to as the “Armpit of India,” Bangladesh’s monsoonal rains and incessant floods provided some extraordinary adventure along the research path.
The project is the brainchild of travel journalists Mikey Leung and Belinda Meggitt. Here, we will publicize the best Bengali travel experiences we can find and share them with others—whether in person (want to come on a trip with us?), online (via the site) or via contributions (send us your tips on travel in Bangladesh!). We will also use all the technology we can muster to facilitate communication among travellers, visitors and bideshi residents of this much-loved and much-loathed nation.
Bangladesh’s reputation is not well done in the world eye. The aim of Bangladesh: The Bradt Travel Guide is to create positive change—via travel—inside this incredible nation and amongst its extraordinary people.
- We will promote Bangladesh’s environmental beauty and highlight her most interesting human interest stories.
- We will attempt to adhere to the highest standards of ethical and Responsible Travel available in the world today.
- We will endeavour to show other travellers how they can do something positive and enjoyable with their visit to Bangladesh.
- We will stay objective—constructively critical coverage is always guaranteed.
Like many other organisations, we envision a poverty-free Bangladesh. Our mechanism and vehicle for this vision is tourism.
By actively promoting the best experiences Bangladesh has to offer, while giving constructive feedback to those we work with, we hope to show travellers the potential of living in this extraordinary country, while bringing economic opportunities to those who need it the most.
- Improve the Bangladesh travel experience by centralising accurate travel intelligence.
- Enable a group of authoritative experts on Bangladeshi travel to communicate and share knowledge.
- Using Flickr, demonstrate the incredible photographic opportunities of Bangladesh.
- Demonstrate the power of ICT solutions for achieving marketing objectives.